RESTRICTED STOCK INFORMATION
Restricted Stock Basics
Selling Restricted Stock
DEFINITION OF AN ACCREDITED INVESTOR
Under the Securities Act of 1933, a company that offers or sells its securities must register the securities with the SEC or find an exemption from the registration requirements. The Act provides companies with a number of exemptions. For some of the exemptions, such as rules 505 and 506 of Regulation D, a company may sell its securities to what are known as "accredited investors."
The federal securities laws define the term accredited investor in Rule 501 of Regulation D as:
1. A bank, insurance company, registered investment company, business development company, or small business investment company;
2. An employee benefit plan, within the meaning of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act, if a bank, insurance company, or registered investment adviser makes the investment decisions, or if the plan has total assets in excess of $5 million;
3. A charitable organization, corporation, or partnership with assets exceeding $5 million;
4. A director, executive officer, or general partner of the company selling the securities;
5. A business in which all the equity owners are accredited investors;
6. A natural person who has individual net worth, or joint net worth with the person’s spouse, that exceeds $1 million at the time of the purchase, excluding the value of the primary residence of such person;
7. A natural person with income exceeding $200,000 in each of the two most recent years or joint income with a spouse exceeding $300,000 for those years and a reasonable expectation of the same income level in the current year; or
8. A trust with assets in excess of $5 million, not formed to acquire the securities
offered, whose purchases a sophisticated person makes.
Donating Restricted Stock
Donating and gifting Restricted Stock is an important part of estate planning. In addition there are many programs of relevance to the wealthy.
Click here to find out more.
One Forty Four Plus, LLC
Rule 144 Financial Engineering
CHARTER LAST MINUTE
PRIVATE AVIATION / CHARTER
THE ANDOVER REGISTRY
Lifestyle Sans Pareil
Acquisitions available with cash
Rule 144 Restricted Stock
Visit to Learn More
United States Football League